Welcome To the World of Drums

9:18 AM Unknown 1 Comments




       Hello everyone!!! This is my journey learning how to play the drums. I have barely ever touched a drum kit in my life, but am going to attempt to come close to mastery of the instrument in just under two months. I would love for you all to accompany me on this adventure. Hopefully, besides just learning a bit about the drums, you can learn a little about what it takes to learn a new instrument. You will also get a sneak peak, every week or so, on how far a long a have come with a video recording
Image result for drummers

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. The book that I used to learn drums is the mini monster book of rock drumming, by Joel Rothman. It starts out simple, then gets much tougher and has many good beats to practice. Another tip would be to contact Mr. Mallory or Mr. Hood, the band directors, especially Mr. Mallory, because he is a drummer as well. For drumsticks, I recommend Vic firth, size 5A. Vic Firth is a great company, and has lots of rudiment practices on their website. Its fairly easy to learn how to play rock beats. I recommend branching out to different genres like jazz or latin, which are both a lot of fun to play. Some good places to get lessons would be the fort washington school of rock, which requires a bit of getting use to, but really helped me play specific songs. For practicing rudiments, I recommend getting a practice pad, so you can practice whenever you want. All in all, there are lot of resources to help you play drums, and I recommend you try as many as possible.

    Mini Monster book of drumming (mind the cover): https://www.amazon.com/JRP02-Mini-Monster-Book-Rock-Drumming/dp/161727013X
    Vic Firth Rudiments: https://www.amazon.com/JRP02-Mini-Monster-Book-Rock-Drumming/dp/161727013X
    Vic Firth 5As: https://www.amazon.com/Vic-Firth-American-Classic-5A/dp/B0002F741Q
    Practice pad with 5As: https://www.amazon.com/Tosnail-12-inch-Silent-Drum-Practice/dp/B01FQG9MCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1487264041&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=Practice+pad&psc=1

    ReplyDelete