Rudiments and Fills, Going Back to the Basics

5:16 AM Unknown 0 Comments



           Well, I have decided to take a short break from learning new music, and go back and work on some of the rudiments and fills I started out learning. I felt that after attempting to learn a song, it would be good to go back and work of the fundamentals. This should help me play better in my next song, and will allow me to work on some of the improvements my dad and peers have suggested working on. I know I have talked a lot about rudiments and fills, but here is an opportunity for you guys to see what I mean.  In this video, I begin with the most basic fill that I learned, I then transition into a more complicated fill, that I have been able to master through playing the song that I learned. Then, in the middle of the more complicated rudiment, I play a fill of four eighth notes on all the toms and the snare drum. This is a lot of what helped me get started, and what I use to improve my stick work on the drum. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: